Undocumented Student Resources

Home » Admissions and Aid » Undocumented Student Resources

Are you a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) or undocumented student looking to attend NWTC? Unsure of where to start or what resources may be available? We’re here to help!  

Do I need to disclose my status or provide a social security number to apply to NWTC?

No. Neither a social security number nor disclosure of status is required to apply at NWTC.   

Does NWTC offer scholarship opportunities for DACA & undocumented students?

Yes! You may be eligible to apply for various scholarships at NWTC. View a list of scholarship opportunities »

Can DACA & undocumented students apply for federal financial aid?

No. Undocumented students, including DACA students, are not eligible for aid from the federal government. However, we encourage you to apply for the scholarships offered at NWTC. 

If my parents are undocumented, but I am an American citizen, can I still apply federal student aid?

Yes! Your parents’ immigration status does not affect your eligibility for federal student aid. The FAFSA doesn’t ask your parents’ status; however, the FAFSA may ask for your parent's social security number. You can enter all zeros in its place. You should not enter their Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or ITIN number as this can delay the financial aid review process. 

Interested in applying to NWTC? Have questions?

Nicole Schneider
Nicole Schneider
Advisor, Recruitment and Admis

Bilingüe en inglés y español.

We will use interpretation and translation services to answer your questions in your preferred language.