ADN students: How to apply for the LPN License
Step 1: Apply for a license with the Wisconsin Department of Regulation & Licensing
- Go to http://drl.wi.gov
- Choose "Professions" (on the left) then choose "Licensed Practical Nurse."
- Under "Licensing," click "Applications/Forms."
- Scroll down to "Application Packet (Examination)." Choose "Licensed Practical Nurse Licensure by Examination Application," Form #738.
- Print and complete all pages of the form.
- Mail these documents to the DRL with your $90.00 application fee, 3 weeks prior to your graduation date. If you are applying for a Temporary Permit, please also print form #2433 and mail an additional $10.00 for a Temporary Permit.
Step 2: Complete the NCLEX exam
To obtain the NCLEX exam application and information, please go to www.pearsonvue.com/nclex to register for your NCLEX exam. The fee for this exam is $200.00.
Step 3: Send "Statement of Graduation" form to NWTC
Please print out Form #259 from the DRL website and complete the "top" half of the form, and return to Jan Flegel, Health Sciences (Room HS310). Depending on your completion date, your Graduation Date will be either Dec. 17, 2012 or May 15, 2013 for the current academic year and should be filled in on ALL licensing forms as such.
Contact Jan Flegel, Health Sciences
email@example.com or (920)498-5430 or (800) 422-NWTC, ext. 5430