Volunteering at DCLIR
DCLIR is a VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
LIR is operated solely on volunteer energy. Membership is encouraged to participate so that the program can continue. Following are some opportunities.
Become a Coordinator
What does it take to be a coordinator?
- Communication - by phone or email with the presenter, members who want to cancel or add classes, and DCLIR office for copies of handouts)
- Hospitality (welcome presenter and participants)
- Appreciation (collect and tally blue sheets and use that information to send a thank you note to the presenter)
What are the benefits?
- The satisfaction of volunteering for a wonderful organization - DCLIR!
- A guaranteed seat in the class you coordinate
- An extra first choice for other classes
Contact the LIR Office at 920-746-4947
or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Curriculum Committee - Mary Koski, Tom Mather and Fran Uteg, Co-Chairs. Suggest, develop or coordinate courses; phone help, proof reading, catalog distribution.
Presenters - share your interest or talent by teaching a class. The planning and execution of Learning In Retirement is as enriching as the actual course offerings. DCLIR encourages your participation in at least one of the above opportunities. Know you are needed.
Finance Committee – Janet Gale, Chair. Develops an annual DCLIR budget and oversees the financial matters of the organization.
Social Committee - Natalie Hagen is the Chair. Prepare and serve refreshments at our social events, once we get back to near-normal!
Volunteer Committee - Helen and Arnie Berto. Not sure what you want to get involved with as a volunteer for DCLIR? Contact the LIR Office at 920-746-4947 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.