NWTC Presidential Search
The Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) District Board is now inviting applications and nominations for the position of President of NWTC. The President is the chief executive officer of the College and reports to the District Board. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, and energetic leader with the vision, skills, and integrity required to guide this quality college to higher levels of achievement. The new President will assume office in summer 2023.
- February 15, 2023: Review of application materials begins. This review will continue until the appointment is made.
- March 2, 2023: For full consideration, please submit application materials by this date. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- End of April 2023: It is anticipated that the next NWTC President will be selected prior to this timeframe.
- Summer 2023: The new President will assume office.
The Northeast Wisconsin Technical College District Board has partnered with executive search firm Academic Search to fill the position of NWTC President. The following outlines the process for selecting the new President and the status of each step.
- Search announced – complete
- Search committee formed – complete
- Search firm selected – complete
- Feedback gathered and planning documentation compiled – complete
- Job description and position requirements defined – complete
- Applications and nominations accepted – in progress
- Application materials reviewed
- Candidates selected to move to next phase
- Background and reference checks
- First round interviews conducted
- Search committee deliberations
- Final candidate selection and campus visits
Academic Search is assisting NWTC in this work. For more than four decades, Academic Search has offered executive search services to higher education institutions, associations, and related organizations. Academic Search was founded by higher education leaders on the principle that they provide the most value to partner institutions by combining best practices with their deep knowledge and experience. Their mission today is to enhance institutional capacity by providing outstanding executive recruitment services, executive coaching, and transition support, in partnership with their parent organization, the American Academic Leadership Institute. For more information, visit www.academicsearch.org.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, a public two-year technical college serving nine counties and 32 K-12 school districts in Northeast Wisconsin, is one of 16 districts that operate in a statewide plan for vocational, technical, and adult education. It is governed by a nine-member District Board. NWTC’s mission is firmly rooted in access to education, student success, and lifelong learning to meet the region’s workforce needs. Founded in 1912 as a city vocational school providing high-quality education for young adults, NWTC has grown to serve nearly 20,000 students and more than 500 businesses annually.
Today NWTC offers cutting-edge, lifelong education that merges learning tradition with technological innovations and inclusive programming to allow all students to succeed. Offering over 200 associate degree, technical diploma, certificate, and apprenticeship programs, the College has become the area’s resource for affordable excellence in higher education. NWTC is a national leader in student success, and a pioneer of programs using innovative technologies to meet the current and future needs of students and community. Intensely focused on students and the economic vitality of its region, the College transforms, strengthens, and inspires the people of Northeast Wisconsin and beyond.
About Northeast Wisconsin
Northeast Wisconsin offers a wide range of city living and small town options. With a low cost of living, growing communities, and active downtown activities throughout the region, it's easy to find a place you can feel at home. To learn about the range of opportunities in the NWTC district, be sure to check out the resources below.