Weld Inspection Fundamentals 1
Course Number: 30-442-385
30-442-385 WELD INSPECTION FUNDAMENTALS 1 ...documents governing inspection, joint geometry, terminology, welding and NDT symbols; mechanical/chemical properties of metals; welding, brazing, and cutting process; weld/base metal discontinuities; destructive and nondestructive testing.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Interpret Qualifications of the Welding Inspector
- Recognize Welding Inspector Responsibilities
- Identify Welding Safety.
- Utilize Standards, Codes, and Specifications
- Interpret Welding Joint Geometry and Welding Terminology
- Construct and Interpret Welding and Nondestructive Examination Symbols
- Diagnose Weldability, Welding Metallurgy, and Welding Chemistry
- Interpret Destructive Testing Methods
- Interpret Welding Procedure and Welder Qualification
- Interpret Welding, Brazing, and Cutting Processes
- Identify Weld and Base Metal Discontinuities.
- Identify Nondestructive Examination Processes
- Interpret Inspection Reports.