HVAC - Certificate
The HVAC/R Fundamentals certificate will enhance basic understanding and skills of incumbent workers employed in the HVAC/R industry who were hired with little background education or knowledge of the field. The certificate will provide foundation knowledge and training in the basics of electricity, control circuits, and heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. With additional coursework graduates of this certificate can ladder into the two-year HVAC/R technical diploma or AAS degree programs.
New, part-time evening program designed for working adults!
Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Fundamentals Pathway Certificate Program
- Class held two nights each week; complete the certificate in just one year. Prepare to become an HVAC technician and installer.
- No previous HVAC skills needed to enter program.
- 15 credit program. All credits transfer into our HVAC/R diploma and degree programs. That means, when the time is right for you, you can continue your education and potentially increase your career opportunities and salary.
Follow Your Path
The HVAC/R Fundamentals Pathway Certificate will ladder 100% into 31-401-1, Refrigeration, Air Cond & Heating Service and 10-601-1, Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- To be admitted to this program, learners must achieve a prior cumulative high school or college grade point average of 2.6 or higher OR a satisfactory academic skills assessment score. College grade point average must be based on 15 credits or more.
What are my courses?
Students following the study plan below will complete the HVAC/R Fundamentals certificate in the number of semesters shown.
8 Week 2
- Safely utilize industry standard tools, meters and test instruments.
- Perform HVAC/R performance tests.
- Startup, service and repair HVAC/R systems.
- Communicate and document detailed service reports effectively.
What careers are in my future?
A completer of this certificate will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
- HVAC/R Installers
- HVAC/R Technicians
What else do I need to know about the program?
Defy expectations and follow your passion
Dream jobs have nothing to do with gender. Discover the benefits of nontraditional occupations.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.