Advance your HVACR and other energy control skills in less than a year – while working.
Sensors and programmable logic are allowing buildings and operations of all sizes to automate heating, cooling, lighting, and other energy-consuming operations.
In less than a year, you can obtain energy control skills that are vital to today’s companies. You will learn how equipment scheduling, controls, and renewable energy technologies are used to save money and energy.
Designed for Working Adults
Classes are offered either online or in a blended evening format. (In a blended evening class, some parts of the class are online and some are in person, one or two nights a week.)
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply.
- Enroll in classes.
What are my courses?
Explore energy management technology used in analysis and measurement of energy in today's building systems.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.