Metering Technician Apprenticeship
Electric Metering Technicians repair, rebuild and wire all styles of electricity meters and metering equipment including: transformer rated meters, pulse relays and recorders. They perform routine field checks of complex industrial meters to insure proper operation. They maintain electricity meter and departmental instrument histories and maintain accurate inventory records. They operate computers as required for shop work, field testing and interrogation of metering installations.
Area of Study: Energy
- 3 years
- 5760 On-the-Job Hours
- 480 Paid Related Instruction Hours
What are my courses?
These classes are taught in one-week blocks.
- DC Circuits for Meter Technicians
- AC Circuits for Meter Technicians
- App Trig for Meter Technicians
- The Power Triangle for Meter Technicians
- Three Phase Circuits for Meter Technicians
- Instrument Metering for Meter Technicians
- Regulations and PSC for Meter Technicians
- Specialty Metering for Meter Technicians
- AMR/AMI Metering for Meter Technicians
- Power Quality for Meter Technicians
- Assessment Prep
- Final Assessment
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.