Earn Credit for Military Training and Experience

Military service members and veterans are eligible to earn credit for prior learning based upon Net Active Years of Service and transfer of credit opportunities. NWTC will make every effort to award appropriate transfer of credit based on a veteran or service member's military transcript.

General Education Coursework Award 

Based upon program choice, student degree completion analysis, and years of military service, service members and veterans may be awarded up to 7 credits of general education coursework as outlined below.

To be eligible, service members and veterans must submit a DD-214 or NGB-22 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) showing the Net Active Years of service and an honorable discharge. To obtain a copy, please contact your County Veteran Service Office.

For One Year of Service

  • College 101 — 10-890-101
  • Oral/Interpersonal Communication — 10-801-196

For Three Years of Service

  • Intro to Ethics: Theory and App — 10-809-166

American Council on Education (ACE) and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transfer of Credit

In addition to offering the credits listed under the Military Credit for Prior Learning Policy, NWTC will also review transcripts from the Joint Service Transcript (JST) system and the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and award possible transfer of credit provided that military training has met the student's program specific requirements. To have your military transcripts reviewed, please request that they are sent to NWTC.

To order a copy of these transcripts, visit the following sites:

Other Credit for Prior Learning Opportunities

Learning gained through military training and service not earned through years of experience or transcript review may be eligible for other credit for prior learning opportunities. To get started, search for available credit for prior learning courses.