Credit by Exam Enrolled Process
Students enrolled in a course in which they would like to test out must follow the deadlines below for the term they are enrolled in the course. Students who successfully pass the credit for prior learning assessment by the dates specified will be withdrawn from a course, and may qualify for a tuition refund. As a withdrawal from a course may affect a student's financial aid reward, NWTC encourages students to meet with their academic advisor to discuss how credit for prior learning may alter their course load and find additional courses needed to retain their financial aid status.
Students seeking to test out of a course that has a portfolio or skills demonstration assessment should allot for the time associated with these assessments to meet the deadlines. For this reason, we advise students seeking credit for prior learning with portfolio or skills demonstration options begin the process at least eight weeks prior to the start of the term.
Fall 2017 Enrolled CPL Deadlines
- Last date to request a CPL consultation: 09/05/2017
- Last date to register and pay for CPL (if enrolled): 09/06/2017
- Last date to complete CPL assessment (if enrolled): 09/08/2017
- Instructor to submit grade by: 09/13/2017
- If awarded, CPL to be posted to student transcript and student withdrawn from course by 09/14/2017