Paying for College in the U.S.
Tuition & Costs
NWTC offers some of the lowest tuition in the country. What's more, the Green Bay area has a cost of living far below the national average. This means that NWTC students receive a high quality education at an affordable price. 2021-2022 estimated cost of attendance:
|Tuition:||$6,844.50 ($228.15 per credit / 30 credits)|
|Books & Supplies:||$2,000.00|
|Total for one year:||$18,444.50|
What is the NWTC General Scholarship Program?
- NWTC Foundation scholarships are available to all incoming and current students. Awards generally range between $500 and $1500 per semester.
- October is application cycle for January semester
- March is application cycle for August semester
- Students will apply for scholarships after being admitted into the college. No awards letters can be issued prior to admission.
- Yes, here is some information about potential opportunities, outside of NWTC.
Jobs and Employment
Many international students are interested in employment to help pay for college. Here are some commonly asked questions:
May I work on campus?
- Yes, you may work on campus, up to 20 hours per week during the academic semester
- Outside of academic semesters, including summer and winter breaks, you may work more than 20 hours per week
- Student positions generally earn around $10 per hour, and average less than 10 hours per week
- It generally takes students several months to locate on campus employment
May I work off campus?
- Students in their first year of study in the U.S. may not work off campus
- After their first year of study, students can apply for Practical Training, which may allow them to do off campus paid internships or employment related to their area of study
Where can I find student jobs?
- Go to the NWTC Talent and Culture Page to search current positions available. Most student jobs are listed under the "Other Opportunities" heading.