Paying for College in the U.S.
What is the NWTC General Scholarship Program?
- NWTC Foundation scholarships are available to all incoming and current students. Awards generally range between $500 and $1500 per semester.
- October is application cycle for January semester
- March is application cycle for August semester
- Students will apply for scholarships after being admitted into the college. No awards letters can be issued prior to admission.
- Yes, here is some information about potential opportunities, outside of NWTC.
Tuition & Costs
NWTC offers some of the lowest tuition in the country. What's more, the Green Bay area has a cost of living far below the national average. This means that NWTC students receive a high quality education at an affordable price. 2021-2022 estimated cost of attendance:
|Tuition ($228.15 per credit / 30 credits)||$6,844.50|
|Books & Supplies||$2,000|
|Total for one year||$18,444.50|
Jobs and Employment
May I work on campus?
- Yes, you may work on campus, up to 20 hours per week during the academic semester
- Outside of academic semesters, including summer and winter breaks, you may work more than 20 hours per week
- Student positions generally earn around $10 per hour, and average less than 10 hours per week
- It generally takes students several months to locate on campus employment
- Students in their first year of study in the U.S. may not work off campus
- After their first year of study, students can apply for Practical Training, which may allow them to do off campus paid internships or employment related to their area of study
- Go to the NWTC Human Resources Page to search current positions available. Most student jobs are listed under the "Other Opportunities" heading.