Course Placement Testing
As part of the NWTC admission process, you may be required to complete an assessment to determine appropriate course placement.
- If you have a high school or college GPA of 2.6 or higher (3.0 or higher for some Health Sciences programs), you may not need to take an assessment. That’s why we strongly encourage you to submit your transcripts to our Admissions Team for evaluation before taking a placement test.
- If you have not met the GPA requirements listed above, you will need to take the Accuplacer or other placement evaluation before you can register for classes.
What is the Accuplacer?
The Accuplacer is the computer-based assessment tool that we use to place you in the appropriate level of courses in subject areas like reading, writing, and math. Accuplacer is a multiple choice, untimed test – which means you can take it at your own pace. Your answer to each question determines the difficulty level of the next. For that reason, you’ll need to answer each question in the order they are presented.
The result of the Accuplacer assessment is not pass/fail, but rather a placement system based on the answers you provided.
Ready to Take the Accuplacer?
- Please use the links located on this page to schedule your Accuplacer test appointment at one of our three campus locations or as a virtual test session.
- If you have additional questions, please contact us at (920) 498-5427, Option 0.
- If you require testing accommodations, please contact Disability Services at (920) 498-6904 prior to testing or scheduling.