Woodturning - Certificate
Students in the woodturning courses, offered at the NWTC Artisan & Business Center on Cedar Street in Green Bay, will have the opportunity to learn new skills or expand their knowledge in the area of safe lathe operation, wood stock selection, spindle turning, bowl turning, design, form and balance, banding of pieces of wood together, and bowl finishing. In addition, students will be exposed to principles of business skill development as they apply to the creative economy and setting up a business as a craftsperson.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Individuals interested in this certificate must email the NWTC Artisan and Business Center at Artisan.Center@NWTC.edu.
What are my courses?
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.