Professional Private Investigator - Certificate
If you have an interest in starting your own business or working as a private investigator, the growing field of private investigations is for you. Private investigators are used by law firms, corporations, insurance companies and other private and public entities. You will learn skills such as how to locate people using open sources of information, conduct investigations, constitutional law application, background checks and current investigative practices to prepare you to succeed in careers such as private investigator, corporate and private security, process service and insurance claim investigator. This certificate will give you a great foundation to go on and earn your private investigator's license and be a successful private investigator.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Program Entry
- Apply at www.nwtc.edu/apply
- Enroll in classes
What are my courses?
What careers are in my future?
Professional Practice Experience
Credits from this certificate can be applied for continuing education requirements for private detective licensing.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.