Course Number: 10504168
10-504-168 CRIMINAL JUSTICE-PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATIONS...Learners will internalize and apply the foundations of human interaction including universal truths; development of voluntary compliance, cooperation, and collaboration; owning their own weaknesses; and, knowing when to act. Students will apply professional communication skills, including arbitration, mediation, and ethical intervention in a simulated criminal justice setting.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Apply professional communication skills.
- Utilize appropriate problem-solving approaches.
- Differentiate between professional communication and social interaction.
- Conduct effective situational assessment.
- Incorporate regard for common values in professional communication.
- Communicate appropriately within a chain of command.
- Practice unity of command to avoid conflict in professional communication.
- Utilize professional telephonic communication.
- Communicate professionally via e-mail and social media.