Library Assistant - Certificate
This certificate is designed to be an introduction to anyone with an interest in library science. Courses provide an overview of library management, the roles and responsibilities of a library assistant, celebrating children and young adult literary resources, and use media and technology. Courses are delivered online.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Completed application for certificate
What will I learn?
- Curriculum Note: Students must earn a "C" or higher in all 10-522-XXX courses to successfully graduate the Library Assistant Certificate. A student must repeat the particular course with a "C" or better final grade to continue in or graduate from this program. If the course is sequential, the successful retake must occur before continuing the sequence.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.