Course Number: 10196134
10-196-134 LEGAL ISSUES-SUPERVISORS ...legal practices of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, selection, evaluation/promotion, employee discipline, firing, EEOC and nondiscrimination, employee privacy, workplace harassment, FMLA, ADA and unions.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Analyze legal Recruiting and hiring practices
- Analyze workplace discrimination and negligent hiring
- Comply with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA)
- Analyze harassment and violence in the workplace
- Analyze discipline and termination legal issues
- Examine the issue of workplace privacy
- Comply with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Examine the legal aspects of substance abuse in the workplace
- Examine legal concepts learned in the course