Woodturning 4: Advanced
Course Number: 10306103
10-306-103 WOODTURNING 4: ADVANCED ...safety/shop arrangements, product choices, equipment use, wood selection, gluing, spindle turning, faceplate turning, sanding/finishes, and overview of American Association of Woodturners and the marketplace. (Prerequisite: Woodturning 3: Intermediate, 10-306-102)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Review the safe learning environment and the shop laboratory equipment arrangement.
- Identify wood product development choices.
- Differentiate between functions for equipment use.
- Facilitate wood selection for lathe turning in product development.
- List the gluing procedure for banding pieces of wood together.
- Perform spindle turning between centers for product development.
- Perform faceplate turning for bowl product development.
- Perform the sanding and finishing application to the wood product.
- Explore the American Association of Woodturner (AAW) organization.
- Explore the development of a entrepreneur/micro-business plan for the marketplace.