Woodturning 3: Intermediate
Course Number: 10306102
10-306-102 WOODTURNING 3: INTERMEDIATE ...turning bowls, tool use, wood blanks, rough-turning profile, rough hollowing, completing the profile, completing the inside, completing the base, sanding, and finishing the product. (Prerequisite: Woodturning 2: Basic, 10-306-101)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Demonstrate woodturning behaviors that adhere to safety regulations, personal protection protocol, and best practice actions.
- Identify material and production techniques for business.
- Differentiate between appropriate equipment uses.
- Identify wood selection practices for business and economizing.
- Demonstrate the gluing procedure for banding pieces of wood together.
- Explore wood lathe accessory equipment and requirements for use in project development.
- Develop production woodturning practices.
- Demonstrate problem-solving processes for challenging projects.
- Produce a highly crafted woodturning project.