Woodturning 3: Intermediate
Course Number: 10306102
10-306-102 WOODTURNING 3: INTERMEDIATE ...turning bowls, tool use, wood blanks, rough-turning profile, rough-hollowing, completing the profile, completing the inside, completing the base, sanding, and finishing the product. (Prerequisite: Woodturning 2: Basic, 10-306-101)
Course Typically Offered
- Summarize an overview of turning wood bowls.
- Review the tools and supportive equipment used for turning wood.
- Develop strategies for rough log and wood blank selection.
- Outline the procedure for rough-turning the profile of a bowl.
- Complete the solid blank bowl profile.
- Complete the inside of the bowl blank.
- Complete the base of the bowl blank.
- Utilize sanding and finishing procedures to complete the bowl.
- Analyze the sanding surface texture quality and the finishing protective coat on the bowl.