Woodturning 2: Basic
Course Number: 10-306-101
10-306-101 WOODTURNING 2: BASIC ...woodturning lathe, shop safety practices, woodturning stock, cutting tools, bandsaw, sharpening, chucking, bowl turning setup and product development. (Prerequisite: Woodturning 1: Introduction, 10-306-100 with a "C" or better.)
What will I learn?
- Demonstrate woodturning behaviors that adhere to safety regulations, personal protection protocol, and best practice actions.
- Identify the components of a quality wood lathe.
- Demonstrate proper tool selection between center spindle turning and bowl faceplate turning.
- Incorporate use of the bandsaw into the initial states of wood block preparation for lathe turning.
- Perform cutting tool sharpening procedures.
- Differentiate between the chucking systems used in mounting wood blanks for lathe turning.
- Prepare the lathe for a bowl-turned project.
- Complete the solid blank bowl profile.
- Complete the inside of the bowl blank.
- Complete the base of the bowl blank.