Woodturning 1: Introduction
Course Number: 10306100
10-306-100 WOODTURNING 1: INTRODUCTION ...course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the knowledge, skills, and processes of motivation, safety policies, woodturning stock, wood lathe, accessory equipment, cutting tools, catch/dig-in cuts, spindle turning setup, and product development.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Define motivation for creating a woodturned project.
- Demonstrate woodturning behaviors that adhere to safety regulations, personal protection protocol, and best practice actions.
- Determine the wood stock selection criteria and lathe blank preparation procedures.
- Examine the attributes of shop lathe equipment for woodturning.
- Identify specific woodturning tools for use in project development.
- Prepare a plan for creating a spindle-turned project on the lathe.
- Produce a wooden spindle-turned project with the shop lathe.
- Critique the finished project for design, form, balance, and the marketplace.