Woodturning 1: Introduction
Course Number: 10306100
10-306-100 WOODTURNING 1: INTRODUCTION ...course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the knowledge, skills, and processes of motivation, safety policies, woodturning stock, wood lathe, accessory equipment, cutting tools, catch/dig-in cuts, spindle turning setup, and product development.
Course Typically Offered
- Define motivation for creating a woodturned project.
- Adhere to safety regulations and personal protection protocol.
- Determine the wood stock selection criteria and lathe blank preparation procedures.
- Examine the attributes of shop lathe equipment for woodturning.
- Explore wood lathe accessory equipment requirements for use in product development.
- Identify specific woodturning tools for use in product development.
- Demonstrate safety behaviors and best practice actions in woodturning activities.
- Establish a plan for preparation of the lathe for a spindle turning product development activity.
- Produce a wooden spindle turning product with the shop lathe.