Medical Asst Admin Procedures
Course Number: 31509301
31-509-301 MEDICAL ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES...introduces medical assistant students to office management, business administration and the electronic medical record (EMR) in the medical office. Students learn to schedule appointments, perform filing, record keeping, telephone and reception duties and communicate effectively with patients and other medical office staff, and keep an inventory of supplies. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Medical Assistant program; 10-501-101, Medical Terminology; 10-501-107, Digital Literacy for Healthcare; and 10-501-104, Contemporary Healthcare Pract.)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Explain general office policies
- Demonstrate telephone techniques
- Manage appointment schedule, using established priorities
- Explain principles related to medical records
- Maintain medical records
- Utilize electronic medical record (EMR).
- Perform an office inventory
- Perform routine maintenance of office equipment with documentation
- Compose professional/business letters
- Integrate principles of customer service in the healthcare setting