HVAC/R Design Applications
Course Number: 10601117
10-601-117 HVAC/R DESIGN APPLICATIONS ...this course introduces the learner to basic building construction, green buildings and systems, indoor air quality evaluation and equipment selection, heating and cooling load calculations and equipment selection, air distribution system design, and HVAC/R controls selection. (Prerequisites: 10-601-113, HVAC/R Refrig/Air Cond Syst; 10-601-128, HVAC/R Heating Systems)
Course Typically Offered
- Describe basic residential and commercial building construction.
- Recognize methods of constructing green buildings and systems.
- Design indoor air quality systems based on building needs.
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations.
- Design a residential duct distribution system.
- Select heating and cooling equipment.
- Select appropriate HVAC controls for specific equipment and systems.