Course Number: 10102158
10-102-158 BUSINESS PRINCIPLES ...economics and business; global business; ethics and social responsibility; types of business ownership; entrepreneurship; role of management: operations management; human resources; marketing; managing financial resources and legal issues impacting business.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Analyze financial results to determine operational changes that will impact future organizational success.
- Explain what it means to act ethically in business.
- Describe the complicated relationship between the economy and business.
- Compare and contrast the major forms of business ownership
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of entrepreneurship.
- Critique the various management styles to determine the most effective style for specific organizations.
- Identify the strategic role of management in Human Resources for organizational development.
- Explain how organizations create value through operational excellence and customer focus.
- Demonstrate business strategies through a real life scenario.