Course Number: 10102150
10-102-150 BUSINESS LAW ...common law contracts and sales contracts: formation, interpretation, performance, and discharge; the law of agency; corporations; and introduction to the American legal system: criminal and tort law, and global business issues.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Describe the sources of law and methods used to resolve legal disputes within the U.S legal system.
- Distinguish between the legal and ethical responsibilities of individuals and businesses.
- Identify the characteristics of various types of torts and crimes.
- Identify legal protections for personal and business intellectual property.
- Describe the essential elements of the formation and discharge of common contracts and e-contracts.
- Explain how the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) facilitates commercial sales and leases.
- Describe the legal requirements of businesses to protect the interests of consumers.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of principals, agents and independent contractors in the business employment relationship.
- Identify the major provisions of laws that regulate the employment relationship.
- Compare the formation and characteristics of the major forms of business organization.