Regional Student Services
Meet with an academic advisor for assistance with:
- Class selection and planning.
- Credit for prior learning and experience.
- General information about programs, including admission requirements and academic planning.
- Choosing a career path and the right program to get you there.
Need help with your classes?
- Meet with tutors and coaches who will help you build study habits to maximize your learning.
- See academic coaching schedules for drop-in labs and one-on-one appointments.
See a career advisor when you need:
- Help building your resume and preparing for job interviews.
- Career clothing so you can make a good first impression.
Career services are available for students and alumni, community residents, and employers in the NWTC District.
All students struggle with balancing personal and academic concerns; and most students feel overwhelmed, anxious, or depressed at some point in their college career.
- We can help you identify and express your feelings, examine your personal beliefs and thinking patterns, and work toward making beneficial changes.
- Services are free to all program students.
- Licensed professional counselors are available to speak with students as needed.
If you have a documented disability, Disability Services staff can help ensure you receive the right accommodations to succeed in college.
Disability Services case managers Mee Saykao and Sue Peterson are available by appointment. Call your local NWTC Center for more information.
Financial Aid and Paying for College
We offer affordable excellence, multiple ways to fund your education, and – perhaps most importantly – people who will help you succeed.
Get help with applying for grants, scholarships and loans, and learn about the many ways available to make college affordable.
Student Support Services
What would you do if your car broke down? What if you lose your job or have a medical emergency?
Life happens. We’re here to connect you to the resources you need – when you need them.
- Student Emergency Fund can provide extra help when you are facing an unforeseen emergency.
- Shared Harvest food cupboard provides free food when you can't make ends meet.