Donate to the Student Emergency Fund
Help NWTC students persevere and soar higher.
The well-being of our students is our highest concern. Your donation of any amount will provide students with food and help with housing, childcare, gas, and other basic needs. Every gift matters. Your donation can help students get through this difficult time and on course to graduation.
Our students understand challenges.
- About 40% of NWTC students are low-income. A financial obstacle, such as job loss, reduction in hours, or medical bill, can create a burden that results in having to drop out of college.
- 100% of the 1,000 students served by NWTC’s Financial Coaching Center reported they had no savings.
- Each week about 50 students use NWTC’s Shared Harvest Food Pantry for staples like peanut butter, pasta, cereal, and canned food.
Since 2010 around 350 students annually receive assistance for financial hardships through Student Emergency Fund. Due to COVID-19 we expect the need to increase dramatically. The hand-outs provided are actually hand ups, as they put into action connecting students to college and community resources.
Many factors are considered when assessing a student’s need, including academic performance, credit load, employment status, enrollment status, family size, and financial aid award. The median award per student is around $400.
Student success is our mission and our passion, and we could not do it without YOU.
Ways to help
Create an annual named scholarship with minimum investment of $500, or create a lasting legacy by setting up a named scholarship endowment.
Gifts to the NWTC Fund allow the Educational Foundation to meet immediate student and program needs. Contributions fund college wide projects and initiatives that support student success.
Student Emergency Fund
Support the Student Emergency program which is aimed to decrease the number of students who leave college due to an unforeseen financial barrier.
Are you a student experiencing an unexpected financial hardship?
If so, we can help.
- Call (920) 498-6258
- Stop by Room SC133 in the Student Center on the Green Bay campus
- E-mail email@example.com
- Visit the Student Emergency Fund web page
Contact us for additional information