NWTC Foundation Make College Possible
You have the power to transform lives!
Individuals from all ages and backgrounds walk through the doors of NWTC:
- Students proud to be the first in their families to earn a degree
- Achievers determined to break the cycle of poverty
- Parents balancing jobs, children, and studying
- New high school graduates
- Veterans fresh from military service
The common thread? A desire for a better future.
Around 40% of NWTC program students are low-income. Receiving a scholarship or emergency funding can be crucial assistance to completing a semester. Your donations can help.
Ways to Help
Donate Stock, Mutual Funds or ETFs
- Avoid capital gains tax (up to 20%).
- If you give stock to charity instead of selling it, neither you nor the charity have to pay taxes on it.
- Maximize your philanthropic impact because the money you would have paid in taxes can instead go fully to the non-profit.
Donate from your IRA
- Helps donors meet all or part of your RMD (Required Minimum Distribution).
- Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) gifts avoid paying federal income taxes on the IRA distribution.
Establish a named scholarship with criteria that is meaningful to you. Create an annual named scholarship with minimum investment of $500, or create a lasting legacy by setting up a named scholarship endowment. An endowment is a permanent fund in which your gift is invested, and earnings fund annual scholarships (approximately five percent annually).
New Giving Opportunity
A campaign to raise scholarship funds for new and current NWTC students who live in the Shawano area is now underway!
Gifts to the NWTC Fund allow the Educational Foundation to meet immediate student and program needs. Contributions fund college wide projects and initiatives that support student success. Find out more.
Student Emergency Fund
Support the Student Emergency Fund program, which aims to decrease the number of students who leave college due to an unforeseen financial barrier.
Support for Students
Upcoming Events and Latest News
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Educational Foundation awarded approximately $730,000 scholarships to 874 NWTC students during the 2019/2020 academic year.
NWTC and the Educational Foundation remain committed to providing all learners with educational opportunities that strengthen the economy of Northeast Wisconsin and the state. We are dedicated to removing barriers that so many students face as they try to earn a degree or diploma and ensuring that each student, regardless of his or her financial situation, will have access to education. Learn more about our Foundation governance.
If you're thinking of supporting NWTC, we can help. Please contact us with any questions by phone or e-mail. We'd also be happy to meet with you in person!