Summer and fall classes will be offered in-person, blended, and online with COVID-19 precautions in place. No Risk Enrollment available now. All NWTC facilities are closed to the public until further notice. All campus resources are available by phone, chat, email or text.


Federal Educational Benefit Programs

If you need further assistance when applying for federal educational benefits, please contact the School Certifying Official.

Apply for all Federal VA Benefits

Post 9-11 GI Bill (Ch. 33)

  • Monthly amount is paid directly to you and first payment is made month after you start school.*
  • Pays your tuition and fees to the college, pays you up to $1,000/year for books/supplies.*
  • You must have served at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service AFTER September 11, 2001.

* Payments are besed on your length of active duty service.

Montgomery GI Bill (Ch. 30)

  • Monthly amount is determined by the Veterans Administration each October 1.
  • Monthly payment is sent directly to you (or direct deposit) the month after school starts for the previous month.
  • You cannot charge fees to the MGIB, you must pay for your classes or find an alternative source of payment.
  • Paying for books and supplies is your responsibility.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch. 31)

  • You must apply at the Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Office (2125 Heights Drive, Suite 3H, Eau Claire).
  • Pays a monthly stipend, tuition, fees, supplies, and books (you must be enrolled over half time).
  • Program is able to assist with alternative supplies needed for your college education.


The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, USC, Chapter 31 and Code of Federal Regulations, Part 21. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. This program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Ch. 35)

  • Your survivors and dependents receive monthly benefit set by Veterans Administration.
  • You cannot charge fees to this monthly amount.
  • You must have payment when you register.
  • Paying for books and supplies is your responsibility.

Selected Reserve/National Guard Educational Assistance (Ch. 1606)

  • Pays a monthly amount.
  • You cannot charge fees to this monthly payment. You must have payment when you register.
  • You could be eligible for the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Reimbursement grant and Federal Tuition assistance.
  • You are reimbursed for your tuition after the semester end, provided you meet certain criteria.
  • Paying for books and supplies is your responsibility.

Go Army Ed

This program offers Army tuition assistance.