Study Abroad in Barcelona
What will I explore?
NWTC students will travel to Barcelona during NWTC’s Winter Break for two weeks. You will experience:
- Intercultural Business Management Workshops
- Culture of Food & Drink in Spain Workshop
- Barcelona Market Tour
- Catalan Cooking Class
- Visit to Catalan Supreme Court & Parliament
- ...and more!
What's included in the cost?
$3,800 - $4,100 is the estimated program cost, and includes:
- round-trip airfare
- international health coverage
- transportation from NWTC to O’Hare airport and back
- in-country transportation, such as train, subway, or bus
- entrance fees
- some meals
Costs do not include: tuition (optional), some meals, personal spending money, and passport fees.
When are the payment deadlines?
- $300 due when the application is submitted
- $900 by September 16th
- $900 by October 7th
- $900 by November 4th
- $800-$1,100 by December 2nd
Payments can be made by stopping in or calling (920-498-5483) Student Involvement, SC118. Checks (made out to NWTC), cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
Payments do not include: tuition (optional), some meals, personal spending money, and passport fees.
Students are responsible for keeping track of payments made/money owed.
The refund policy is explained on the study abroad application.
What financial support is available?
Apply to the International Programs Study Abroad Grant
- Awards are typically between $300-$800
- Underrepresented students can be awarded up to $1,000
- Grant applications are due the same date as the study abroad application deadline. The application is attached to the study abroad application
- If you are not FAFSA eligible you can still apply
Apply for FAFSA
- Pell grant recipients can use any remaining funds to help pay for study abroad
- Talk to a Financial Aid Advisor by visiting the Welcome Center, SC240 or calling 920-498-5444
Apply to the Foundation Scholarships
- Awards are anywhere from $500 to $2000!
- Apply by logging into your my.NWTC, click Finances, and next click “Apply for a Scholarship”
- Deadlines are April 30th and November 5th
Apply to the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Students can be awarded up to $3,000!
- Applicants must be a Pell Grant recipient and be taking the study abroad program for credit
- Application deadlines in March and October
- For more information visit gilmanscholarship.org
- Students can organize a fundraising event
- Use electronic resources like Kickstarter and GoFundMe
- Waive holiday and birthday gifts for financial gifts
What are the credit opportunities?
College of Business students: use this as your Career Experience
This study abroad experience will satisfy the Career Experience component in any College of Business associate degree program. Each academic program has criteria for assessment of learning; typically journaling and a portfolio presentation linking learning to the program outcomes.
All credit opportunities are optional.