Career Services for Students
We can help you explore careers, learn about possible job opportunities, and launch your career!
Want to learn about your career options, but not sure where to start? Our exploration services include:
- PathwayU career assessment: This quick, 25-minute assessment measures your interests, values, personality, and workplaces preferences, and then matches potential career paths based on your input. Available NWTC academic programs are matched to your career preferences. Links are provided for you to do additional research.
- One-on-one career advising: Sit down with a career advisor to discuss your assessment results or any career specific ideas, opportunities or concerns.
- Graduate success data: View graduate salaries and other employment information for NWTC degree and diploma programs.
Gain information and advice about a career field/industry and learn more about possible job opportunities. Our preparation services include:
- LinkedIn and professional networking assistance – learn how to make connections with people in your chosen career field.
- Informational interviewing and shadow experiences – experience a day-in-the-life with people and companies in your chosen career field.
- Employer information sessions and lunch & learns – find out what kinds of jobs are available in your chosen career fair, and share your interests (not ask for a job) with hiring professionals.
You’ve explored. You’ve prepared. Now it’s time to find an internship or job. With our launch services, we’ll help you:
- Write targeted resumes and cover letters to specific job openings.
- Prepare effective interviewing skills and responses for your next interview!
- Build your professional wardrobe with FREE outfits from our Career Closet.
- Develop a search strategy for internships and jobs with Handshake and more.
- Register for career events throughout the year.
- Download Faculty/Staff Reference Request Form
- Download Reference Form for a Portfolio
Interested in starting your own business? Get the help you need from the Center for Entrepreneurship.
The #1 way college students find jobs.
Find internships, part-time, and full-time jobs through Handshake with employers who are interested in hiring NWTC students and alumni.