DISTANCE LEARNING THROUGH START COLLEGE NOW
Distance Learning courses allow students and instructors to see and hear each other in real time using our inter-active web-conferencing. Students will connect with NWTC instructors and other high schools around the state from their high school classrooms, during the regular school day.
WHO IS ELIGILBE FOR START COLLEGE NOW?
A student who has completed 10th grade; is in good academic standing as determined by the high school; does not have a record of disciplinary problems; and does not meet the statutory definition of a "child-at-risk" may participate in the Start College Now program.
HOW DO I START?
Application forms are available from your high school's counseling office or from NWTC.
- You will meet with your high school counselor to discuss how Start College Now Distance Learning classes will fit into your high school schedule.
- You must obtain your parent's or guardian's signature on the application.
- With the assistance of your high school counselor, you will make course selection(s) and submit those choices to your school board.
- The signed forms with approved classes listed MUST be submitted to NWTC by May 15 for the fall semester or November 15 for the spring semester.
- Summer session courses are typically not eligible for the Start College Now Program.
NWTC uses BlueJeans web-conferencing to broadcast our Distance Learning courses. Students can access their courses simply by clicking a link. BlueJeans allows high schools to use their distance learning classrooms or have students connect on their own devices.
COURSE SCHEDULES & REGISTRATION MATERIALS
Start College Now Application
2020-2021 Distance Learning Course Menu
For more information on NWTC Distance Learning courses, please contact Jolyn Helgeson at 920-498-5705 or Jolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org