Personal Care Worker - Certificate
Emphasizes aspects of providing personal and supportive/rehabilitative in-home and facility based health care including client’s rights, communication, rehabilitation, positioning and transfer skills, infection control, and safety. This is a 30-hour in person course combining lecture with laboratory practice of learned skills. All skill competencies will be assessed under the guidance of a registered nurse.
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Getting Started:
- Individuals interested in this certificate must email email@example.com.
What will I learn?
What else do I need to know about the program?
- Special Features
- This course allows students to learn the course content through written course work and by practicing skills learned with the guidance of an instructor. The course emphasizes core abilities for the workplace.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.