Personal Care Worker
Course Number: 30-501-100
30-501-100 PERSONAL CARE WORKER ...emphasizes aspects of providing personal and supportive/rehabilitative in-home and facility based health care including clients' rights, communication, rehabilitation, positioning and transfer skills, infection control, and safety. This is a 30-hour, in-person course combining lecture with laboratory practice of learned skills. All skill competencies will be assessed under the guidance of a registered nurse.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Provide a safe and clean living environment for the client that respects privacy and provides care for the client and their possessions.
- Protect the client from abuse.
- Demonstrate effective communication with the client, their family and nursing staff.
- While applying infection control techniques, assist the client with personal care to maintain skin integrity.
- Assist the client to safely traverse in their home environment.
- Assist the client with elimination needs.
- Assist the client with nutritional needs.