EDU: Intro to Educational Practices
Course Number: 10-522-103
10-522-103 EDU: INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATIONAL PRACTICES ...students analyze preK-12 education in the United States, determine roles and responsibilities of school personnel, and explore current trends and best practices. Students identify how students learn and the foundations of lesson planning. Students analyze Assessment strategies, classroom management, and techniques for supporting learners.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Analyze roles and responsibilities of school personnel
- Analyze the components of the lesson plan
- Explore the historical development of pre K-12 education in the United States
- Examine the science of teaching and learning
- Analyze topics affecting education today
- Describe the role of assessment in education
- Examine components of classroom management