Welding-Gas Service 1
Course Number: 31-442-315
31-442-315 WELDING-GAS SERVICE 1 ...position pipe welding utilizing oxyacetylene and gas metal arc welding, welding safety, weld faults and causes, weld joint design, and fitup. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Gas Utility Construction & Service; Corequisite: 10-804-312, Math-Algebra Trades)
What will I learn?
- Explain course objectives and basic oxyfuel equipment.
- Set-up and O/A system and weld in the 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G position.
- Explain field joining and the qualification standards for 3/4 inch service pipe.
- Explain Oxyfuel equipment and safety procedures.
- Describe the GMAW process, equipment and consumables.
- Define field joining using the GMAW process.
- Describe the qualification procedures related to GMAW.
- Explain standards, joint configurations, terminology and pipe welding theory.