Wine and Must Analysis
Course Number: 10320116
VIN 268 WINE AND MUST ANALYSIS ...analysis regarding grape juice and wine are chosen for laboratory exercises and demonstrate various chemical, physical, and biochemical methods. Students will participate in workshops and hands-on experiences at participating wineries. (Prerequisites: VIN146, Intro to Enology; CHM105, or permission.)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Follow Laboratory Safety procedures
- Examine methods and equipment used during analyses of fruit, juice and wine.
- Demonstrate pre-harvest analysis procedures.
- Assess delivered fruit quality.
- Demonstrate pre-fermentation juice or must analyses.
- Explain processes and procedures involved during fermentation.
- Illustrate processes and procedures used during post-fermentation handling.
- Discriminate among the various analytical tests used during wine storage.
- Justify the tests required prior to bottling.
- Demonstrate the tests required after bottling.
- Summarize operating principles of the instruments and equipment used in the analytical laboratory.