VIN105-Molecular Principles in Grape & Wine
Course Number: 10320121
VIN 105 MOLECULAR PRINCIPLES IN GRAPE & WINE ...emphasis on chemical fundamentals of winemaking. This course includes organic, biochemistry, and applications with a focus on the grape and wine industry.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Identify qualitative and quantitative tools of chemistry.
- Discuss chemical structure.
- Discuss chemical bonding
- Articulate nomenclature, families, structure, properties and reactions of organic compounds.
- Compare and contrast the major types of chemical reactions and quantitative methods of describing the mass relations in those reactions.
- Summarize the physical properties of gases.
- Analyze the interactions between molecules.
- Articulate the properties of solutions.
- Discuss chemical kinetics and chemical equilibrium.
- Analyze acids, bases and buffers.