Vascular Imaging 1
Course Number: 10526223
10-526-223 VASCULAR IMAGING 1 ...introduces the principles of vascular sonographic imaging. Learners perform a variety of peripheral vascular arterial and venous duplex exams. (Prerequisites: Admitted into the Echocardiography OR DMS program AND 10-526-200, Intro to DMS; 10-526-222, Sonography Physics 2; 10-806-179, Adv Anatomy & Physiology)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Differentiate between normal and pathological conditions of the vascular system
- Describe the hemodynamics of normal and abnormal blood flow.
- Perform an extracranial duplex exam
- Perform a lower extremity venous duplex exam
- Perform an upper extremity venous duplex exam
- Perform a lower extremity arterial duplex exam
- Explore an upper extremity duplex exam