Therapeutic Massage 1
Course Number: 30-537-101
30-537-101 THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE 1 ...students will learn the environmental considerations and equipment necessary to provide treatment, hygiene and safety, and legal requirements of therapeutic massage. Students will begin hands on training by mastering foundational skills such as draping and positioning, self-care and body mechanics, and basic massage techniques.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Accept responsibility for principles of sanitation, hygiene and safety
- Evaluate massage equipment and environmental considerations
- Be alert to indications, contraindications and precautions of massage
- Interpret the Therapeutic Relationship
- Use professional communication skills
- Demonstrate foundational skills of massage
- Utilize principles of body mechanics and self care
- Perform swedish massage techniques