Solid and Hazardous Waste
Course Number: 10506163
10-506-163 SOLID AND HAZARDOUS WASTE ...identify the hierarchy of and regulations related to solid and hazardous waste, the waste stream, pollution prevention and disposal strategies. Learn detection techniques and proper transporting and handling methods.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Classify sources of solid and hazardous waste
- Explore public health aspects of solid and hazardous waste
- Interpret solid and hazardous waste standards and regulations
- Describe management practices for solid and hazardous wastes
- Explain Solid and Hazardous Waste Treatment Techniques
- Calculate basic landfill design parameters
- Describe an effective waste reduction and recycling program
- Explore Energy from Waste
- Analyze specific solid and hazardous waste case studies