PTA Applied Kinesiology 1
Course Number: 10-524-156
10-524-156 PTA APPLIED KINESIOLOGY 1 ...introduces basic principles of musculoskeletal anatomy, kinematics, and clinical assessment. Students locate and identify muscles, joints, and other landmarks of the lower quadrant in addition to assessing range of motion and strength. Integrates analysis of gait. (Prerequisite: Admission to the Physical Therapist Assistant program; Pre-requisites: 10-806-177, General Anatomy & Physiology; 10-524-139, Patient Interventions; 10-524-140, Professional Issues 1)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Apply the principles of kinesiology
- Explain the anatomy and kinematics of the hip
- Explain the anatomy and kinematics of the foot/ankle
- Explain the anatomy and kinematics of the knee
- Explain the structure and function of the musculoskeletal system
- Analyze normal movement in the lower quadrant
- Assess joint range of motion for the lower quadrant
- Assess muscle length for the lower quadrant
- Assess muscle strength for the lower quadrant
- Examine features of normal gait