Programming in Python
Course Number: 10152170
10-152-170 PROGRAMMING IN PYTHON ...In this course, students investigate the fundamentals of computer programming using the Python programming language. Students examine data types, variables, conditional statements, looping, array structures, and structured programming techniques. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to use Python to apply problem solving skills to create applications for delivery to various platforms.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Assess the Python programming environment
- Identify structures such as Lists, For Loops, and If Statements
- Identify commands using dictionaries, while loops, and user input
- Define Python functions and modules
- Develop class objects, file input/output, and exception handling
- Implement data storage and manipulation functionality using the Python 'NumPy' and "Pandas'
- Implement data visualization functionality using the Python 'matplotlib' package