Course Number: 10-206-112
10-206-112 PROGRAMMING BEATS ...concept of rhythm, utilizing drums and percussion in various styles with Drummer Tracks and Ultrabeat-Logic's beat creation interface. Musical feel as well as quantizing and expression are explored.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Examine the different components of drumbeats used in popular music, including drums, cymbals, percussion, and electronic samples and loops
- Explore Drummer Tracks in Logic
- Apply the mechanics of playing real drums to writing realistic MIDI beats
- Create drum beats using different types of MIDI controllers and techniques, including real-time and programmed beats
- Compose drum patterns and fills that work well with the rest of the groove and support your song structure
- Examine common rhythms and tempos in popular music styles
- Mix drums for maximum punch and presence, using time-tested EQ, compression, and plug in effects techniques
- Employ cutting edge production techniques to song mixes