Principles of Sanitation
Course Number: 10316118
10-316-118 PRINCIPLES OF SANITATION ...food service sanitation principles of contamination/food borne illness with National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certification testing included. (Prerequisite: Acceptance in Culinary Specialist technical diploma or Culinary Management associate degree or Restaurant Management technical diploma or Hospitality Management associate degree or Baking & Pastry certificate).
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Identify factors associated with foodborne illness.
- Identify proper procedures to receive, store, prepare, hold, and serve food to prevent contamination.
- Determine proper maintenance, cleaning and sanitizing procedures related to food service operations.
- Examine federal, state and local regulations relative to food service sanitation.
- Prepare for ServSafe certification exam.