Power Generation 1
Course Number: 10412146
10-412-146 POWER GENERATION 1 ...this course is designed to familiarize diesel technician students with the basics of home standby and commercial generators. Electrical fundamentals, alternators, permanent magnet generators, circuit breakers, generator switchgear, auto transfer switches and automatic voltage regulators will be covered emphasizing home standby and commercial use generators. (Prerequisite: 10-412-153, Intro to Electrical Systems)
Course Typically Offered
- Explain and apply the basics of A/C electrical fundamentals
- Explain alternator operation in relation to electrical power generation
- Explain the operation of a circuit breaker.
- Demonstrate safety when working with electrical power generation equipment
- Explain the operation of a transfer switch.
- Describe the basic operation of voltage regulator controls
- Interpret generator schematics and wiring diagrams