Organizational Health and Wellness
Course Number: 10116110
10-116-110 ORGANIZATIONAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS ...introduces the student to the concepts involved in organizational wellness programs and the impact from a financial and human asset standpoint. Learners will research wellness programs, develop proposed systems for district-based organizations, and calculate projected cost savings from the implementation of these programs. Insurance principles will also be examined by the learner.
Course Typically Offered
- Examine the impact of organizational health and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Analyze various organizational strategies for implementing health and wellness programs.
- Analyze legal aspects in regards health and wellness programs.
- Examine the impacts nutrition and fitness have to employee wellness
- Analyze the breadth of health and wellness issues beyond the “traditional” parameters of physical health.
- Examine the sources of stress and its impact on wellness
- Analyze the impact that health and wellness programs have on choosing health benefits
- Create and evaluate workplace policies that promote health
- Develop a comprehensive wellness program