Course Number: 10422100
10-422-100 METALLURGY ...manufacture of iron and steel, mechanical and physical properties of metals, metal identification, macro and microscopic grain structures, welding metallurgy, applied heat treating processes, and weld failures and fractures.
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Identify the metals commonly used by industry.
- Describe the manufacturing process of iron and steel.
- Identify the mechanical and physical properties of metals.
- Describe the effects of heat and cooling rates on the microstructure of carbon steel.
- Analyze Macro and micro etch steel and aluminum.