Medical Asst Clin Procedures 1
Course Number: 31509304
31-509-304 MEDICAL ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROCEDURES 1...introduces medical assistant students to the clinical procedures performed in the medical office setting. Students perform basic examining room skills including screening, vital signs, patient history, minor surgery and patient preparation for routine and specialty exams in the ambulatory care setting. Learner explores communication principles and psychology theories related to patient care. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Medical Assistant Program; Pre/Corequisites: 10-501-101, Medical Terminology; 10-501-107, Digital Literacy for Healthcare; 31-509-301, MA Administrative Procedures; 31-509-302, Human Body in Health and Disease; 31-509-303, Medical Asst Lab Procedures 1)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Practice standard precautions
- Perform sterilization techniques
- Obtain vital signs
- Obtain patient history
- Employ elements of therapeutic communication based upon theories of psychology.
- Assist physician with patient care: routine examinations
- Assist physician with patient care: specialty examinations in pediatrics
- Assist physician with patient care: specialty examinations in OB/GYN
- Assist physician with patient care: specialty examinations in other specialties
- Assist with procedures and/or treatments
- Assist with minor surgery