Course Number: 10110105
10-110-105 LEGAL WRITING ...develop the knowledge, skills, process and understanding of: legal writing fundamentals; micro-synthesis of legal authorities; case briefing; macro-synthesis of legal authorities; analytical writing; legal research memos. (Prerequisites: 10-801-136, English Composition 1; 10-110-101, Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics with a "C" or better; 10-110-104, Legal Research)
Course Typically Offered
- Use proper wording, punctuation and grammar.
- Critique others' documents and the learner's own documents
- Use correct and accurate legal citation form.
- Use micro-synthesis techniques to form judgments concerning the meaning and applicability of statutory authorities.
- Use micro-synthesis techniques to form judgments concerning the meaning and applicability of judicial authorities.
- Organize writing into analytical form: issue, rule, application, conclusion.
- Draft a case brief.
- Use macro-synthesis techniques to synthesize cases and statutes into issue-driven legal rules.
- Compose a legal research memorandum.